Endoscope light source of very high intensity. It provides the light flux of intensity required for recording the vocal folds function by a high-speed camera.
ALI Lum-C1 – illuminator
An innovative device with unique features:
- does not cause overheating of endoscope optics – the advanced optical system and the use of laser emitters provide highest efficiency and eliminate the excessive heat production which is typical for classic high-intensity light sources;
- the lightweight and compact illuminator head mounted directly to the endoscope makes the examination with the high-speed camera to be performed without effort and as easy as an ordinary videostroboscopic examination;
- excellent visualization of blood vessels, the edges of vocal folds and irritated mucosa thanks to originally chosen spectral characteristics (colour) of the emitted light;
- maximum image sharpness in the ALI Cam HS-1 camera thanks to optimally chosen light parameters;
- fully automated operation thanks to control of illuminator functions by the software from the computer managing the examination, according to the selected mode of camera operation – besides switching the device on, there is no need to adjust any controls in the front panel;
- long lifetime of the illuminator head and quiet operation, important while performing phoniatric examinations.
Basic technical data:
|Emitted wavelengths||520 nm, 638 nm (spectral characteristics adjusted to the sensitivity of CMOS cameras, with reflection characteristics of larynx tissues taken into account)|
|Colour temperature||6000 K (approximate – the deviation of chromaticity coordinates from the black body line is larger than 0.04 UV system unit)|
|Continuous light||intensity controlled with duty cycle, 16 intensity levels|
|Maximum light flux in HIGH SPEED mode (at illuminator head exit)||2500 lumens during 250 milliseconds maximum|
|Maximum light flux in continuous mode (at illuminator head exit)||600 lumens|
|Power consumption||max. 1 A|
|Main module power||220–240 VAC, 47–63 Hz|
Main module: 370 x 280 x 100 mm
Illuminator head: ∅ 35 x 160 mm
Main module: 3,6 kg
Illuminator head: 0,26 kg
Pictures obtained using illuminator ALI Lum-C1 and camera ALI Cam-HS1.
Some pictures courtesy of prof. Ewa Niebudek-Bogusz MD PhD – Professor at the Clinic of Audiology and Phoniatrics, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine.