High-speed camera attachable to rigid endoscopes, intended for recording the function of vocal folds.
ALI Cam-HS1 – high-speed camera
Unique functions and features not found in classic endoscopic equipment in order to make the laryngologist’s and phoniatrician’s work easier and more efficient to a maximum extent:
- true „slow motion” records realized in High-Speed mode at speed of up to 4000 frames per second, enabling to conduct fully reliable functional diagnostics, even in the cases where the stroboscopic technique fails – particularly useful in assessment of voices with significant pathologies;
- detailed visualization of vocal folds in the High-Speed mode thanks to optimally chosen image magnification;
- high resolution (HD) mode up to 1024x1024 pixels at normal speed (25 frames per second) for diagnostics of organic changes and general imaging of the whole larynx;
- electronically controlled lens with manual or automatic focusing; the manual mode uses a comfortably positioned, precision knob;
- special endoscope attachment preventing its rotation and eliminating the related diagnostic errors;
- improved assessment of the imaged objects thanks to monitoring focus settings and determining the distance of the objects from the endoscope tip;
- ability to record sound in parallel with the high-speed video sequence;
- works with recognized in Poland original software (DiagnoScope Specialist) enabling to conduct full kymographic diagnostics, including vocal fold motion parameterization and generation of phonovibrograms.
Basic technical data:
|Sensor||1920x1200 pixels, progressive, 2/3”|
|Image field||Limited to 1024x1024 pixels in HD mode|
Maximum frame rate
@ result image resolution
4000 frames/s @ 320 x 288 pixels
3200 frames/s @ 480 x 400 pixels
2400 frames/s @ 512 x 480 pixels
25 frames/s @ 1024 x 1024 pixels
|Cable length||180 cm|
|Power consumption||max. 2 A|
|Main module power||220–240 VAC, 47–63 Hz|
Main module: 370 x 230 x 100 mm
Camera: ∅ 42 x 160 mm
Main module: 3,6 kg
Camera (with lens and endoscope attachment): 0,27 kg
Kymography analyses based on videos recorded using high-speed camera ALI Cam-HS1 and illuminator ALI Lum-MF1 or ALI Lum-C1.
Some pictures courtesy of prof. Ewa Niebudek-Bogusz MD PhD – Professor at the Clinic of Audiology and Phoniatrics, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine.